This Free CAT Diagnostic Test has 24 questions. It offers a simple way to understand the type of questions to expect in the CAT. The Quantitative Reasoning questions cover topics like number properties, algebra, coordinates, permutation and combination, arithmetic word problems – percentages, time and distance, etc. The Verbal reasoning section consists of questions on Verbal reasoning and Reading comprehension. Some of the questions have been developed in-house and some borrowed from different sources (which are widely available).
After the completion of the test, a score will be given as a percentage. Expected Percentage to CAT score conversion (this is NOT an exact conversion):
- Less than 20%: Below 20 percentile => You need to work a lot on your prep
- 20% to less than 40%: 20 to 40 percentile => You have basic idea of what the CAT is. Keep at it
- 40% to less than 60%: 40 to 60 percentile => Decent! But still lacking in multiple concepts.
- 60% to less than 80%: 60 to 80 percentile => You are pretty much there. Need a bit of final push
- 80% or above: 80 to 99 percentile => You are almost there and maybe ready for the actual test with some brushing up